Synonyms of noble
- 1. Lord, noble, nobleman, male aristocrat
- usage: a titled peer of the realm
- 1. baronial, imposing, noble, stately, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: impressive in appearance; "a baronial mansion"; "an imposing residence"; "a noble tree"; "severe-looking policemen sat astride noble horses"; "stately columns"
- 2. noble (vs. lowborn), aristocratic, aristocratical, blue, blue-blooded, gentle, patrician, august, grand, lordly, coroneted, highborn, titled, imperial, majestic, purple, regal, royal, kingly, kinglike, monarchal, monarchical, princely, queenly, queenlike, royal
- usage: of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times; "of noble birth"
- 3. noble (vs. ignoble), dignifying, ennobling, exalted, elevated, sublime, grand, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded, greathearted, magnanimous, honorable#2, honourable
- usage: having or showing or indicative of high or elevated character; "a noble spirit"; "noble deeds"
- 4. noble, unreactive (vs. reactive)
- usage: inert especially toward oxygen; "a noble gas such as helium or neon"; "noble metals include gold and silver and platinum"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of noble (Dictionary)