Synonyms of nod
- 1. nod, gesture, motion
- usage: a sign of assent or salutation or command
- 2. nod, inclination, inclining
- usage: the act of nodding the head
- 1. nod, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: express or signify by nodding; "He nodded his approval"
- 2. nod, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation; "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- 3. nod
- usage: let the head fall forward through drowsiness; "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- 4. nod, move
- usage: sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion; "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- 5. nod, drowse
- usage: be almost asleep; "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nod (Dictionary)