Synonyms of nominal
- 1. noun phrase, nominal phrase, nominal, phrase
- usage: a phrase that can function as the subject or object of a verb
- 1. nominal
- usage: relating to or constituting or bearing or giving a name; "the Russian system of nominal brevity"; "a nominal lists of priests"; "taxable males as revealed by the nominal rolls"
- 2. nominal, token(prenominal), tokenish, minimal (vs. maximal), minimum (vs. maximum)
- usage: insignificantly small; a matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal); "the fee was nominal"; "a token gesture of resistance"; "a toknenish gesture"
- 3. nominal
- usage: pertaining to a noun or to a word group that functions as a noun; "nominal phrase"; "noun phrase"
- 4. nominal (vs. real)
- usage: of, relating to, or characteristic of an amount that is not adjusted for inflation; "the nominal GDP"; "nominal interest rates"
- 5. nominative, nominal, specified (vs. unspecified)
- usage: named; bearing the name of a specific person; "nominative shares of stock"
- 6. nominal, titular, formal (vs. informal)
- usage: existing in name only; "the nominal (or titular) head of his party"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nominal (Dictionary)