Synonyms of nominative
- 1. nominative, nominative case, subject case, case, grammatical case
- usage: the category of nouns serving as the grammatical subject of a verb
- 1. nominative
- usage: serving as or indicating the subject of a verb and words identified with the subject of a copular verb; "nominative noun endings"; "predicate nominative"
- 2. nominative, nominal, specified (vs. unspecified)
- usage: named; bearing the name of a specific person; "nominative shares of stock"
- 3. nominated, nominative, appointive (vs. elective), appointed
- usage: appointed by nomination
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nominative (Dictionary)