Synonyms of nose
- 1. nose, olfactory organ, chemoreceptor
- usage: the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals; "he has a cold in the nose"
- 2. nose, front
- usage: a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft); "the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- 3. nose, front
- usage: the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon; "he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- 4. nose, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small distance; "my horse lost the race by a nose"
- 5. nose, symbol
- usage: a symbol of inquisitiveness; "keep your nose out of it"
- 6. nose, smell, sense of smell, olfaction, olfactory modality
- usage: the sense of smell (especially in animals); "the hound has a good nose"
- 7. nose, skill, science
- usage: a natural skill; "he has a nose for good deals"
- 8. nozzle, nose, spout
- usage: a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- 1. intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke, search, look
- usage: search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- 2. nose, advance, bring forward
- usage: advance the forward part of with caution; "She nosed the car into the left lane"
- 3. scent, nose, wind, smell
- usage: catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
- 4. nose, push, force
- usage: push or move with the nose
- 5. nuzzle, nose, caress, fondle
- usage: rub noses
- 6. nose, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat by a narrow margin
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nose (Dictionary)