Synonyms of note
- 1. note, written record, written account
- usage: a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
- 2. note, short letter, line, billet, personal letter
- usage: a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
- 3. note, musical note, tone, musical notation
- usage: a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; "the singer held the note too long"
- 4. note, tone, tone of voice
- usage: a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling; "there was a note of uncertainty in his voice"
- 5. note, air, aura, atmosphere
- usage: a characteristic emotional quality; "it ended on a sour note"; "there was a note of gaiety in her manner"; "he detected a note of sarcasm"
- 6. bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback, paper money, folding money, paper currency
- usage: a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
- 7. note, annotation, notation, comment, commentary
- usage: a comment or instruction (usually added); "his notes were appended at the end of the article"; "he added a short notation to the address on the envelope"
- 8. eminence, distinction, preeminence, note, high status
- usage: high status importance owing to marked superiority; "a scholar of great eminence"
- 9. note, promissory note, note of hand, debt instrument, obligation, certificate of indebtedness
- usage: a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; "I had to co-sign his note at the bank"
- 1. note, observe, mention, remark, state, say, tell
- usage: make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- 2. notice, mark, note
- usage: notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
- 3. note, take note, observe
- usage: observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction"
- 4. note, take down, write down, set down, get down, put down
- usage: make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of note (Dictionary)