Synonyms of notional
- 1. fanciful, imaginary, notional, unreal (vs. real)
- usage: not based on fact; unreal; "the falsehood about some fanciful secret treaties"- F.D.Roosevelt; "a small child's imaginary friends"; "to create a notional world for oneself"
- 2. notional, speculative, theoretical (vs. empirical), theoretic
- usage: not based on fact or investigation; "a notional figure of cost helps in determining production costs"; "speculative knowledge"
- 3. fanciful, notional, creative (vs. uncreative), originative
- usage: indulging in or influenced by fancy; "a fanciful mind"; "all the notional vagaries of childhood"
- 4. conceptional, ideational, notional, abstract (vs. concrete)
- usage: being of the nature of a notion or concept; "a plan abstract and conceptional"; "to improve notional comprehension"; "a notional response to the question"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of notional (Dictionary)