Synonyms of now
- 1. now, present, nowadays
- usage: the momentary present; "Now is a good time to do it"; "it worked up to right now"
- 1. now
- usage: in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events; "President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard"; "Washington now decides to cross the Delaware"; "the ship is now listing to port"
- 2. nowadays, now, today
- usage: in these times; "it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford; "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"; "today almost every home has television"
- 3. now
- usage: used to preface a command or reproof or request; "now hear this!"; "now pay attention"
- 4. now, at present
- usage: at the present moment; "goods now on sale"; "the now-aging dictator"; "they are now abroad"; "he is busy at present writing a new novel"; "it could happen any time now"
- 5. immediately, instantly, straightaway, straight off, directly, now, right away, at once, forthwith, like a shot
- usage: without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; "he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
- 6. now
- usage: (prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity; "Now the next problem is..."
- 7. now
- usage: in the immediate past; "told me just now"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of now (Dictionary)