Synonyms of nub
- 1. nub, nubble, bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence
- usage: a small lump or protuberance
- 2. nub, stub, part, piece
- usage: a small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- 3. kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nub (Dictionary)