Synonyms of numbering
- 1. enumeration, numbering, list, listing
- usage: a numbered list
- 1. total, number, add up, come, amount, be
- usage: add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
- 2. number, designate, denominate
- usage: give numbers to; "You should number the pages of the thesis"
- 3. number, list, name, identify
- usage: enumerate; "We must number the names of the great mathematicians"
- 4. count, number, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: put into a group; "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members"
- 5. count, number, enumerate, numerate, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: determine the number or amount of; "Can you count the books on your shelf?"; "Count your change"
- 6. number, keep down, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: place a limit on the number of
All rights reserved.