Synonyms of nut
- 1. nut, seed
- usage: usually large hard-shelled seed
- 2. Nut
- usage: Egyptian goddess of the sky
- 3. nut, block
- usage: a small (usually square or hexagonal) metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt
- 4. en, nut, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: half the width of an em
- 5. crackpot, crank, nut, nut case, fruitcake, screwball, eccentric, eccentric person, flake, oddball, geek
- usage: a whimsically eccentric person
- 6. addict, nut, freak, junkie, junky, enthusiast, partisan, partizan
- usage: someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie"
- 7. testis, testicle, orchis, ball, ballock, bollock, nut, egg, male reproductive gland, gonad, sex gland
- usage: one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens; "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- 1. nut, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather nuts
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nut (Dictionary)