Synonyms of object
- 1. object, physical object, physical entity
- usage: a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow; "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- 2. aim, object, objective, target, goal, end
- usage: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- 3. object, constituent, grammatical constituent
- usage: (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon; "the object of the verb"
- 4. object, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the focus of cognitions or feelings; "objects of thought"; "the object of my affection"
- 5. object, computer science, computing
- usage: (computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer; "in object-oriented programming, objects include data and define its status, its methods of operation and how it interacts with other objects"
- 1. object, disapprove, reject
- usage: express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent; "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"; "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver's license"
- 2. object, be
- usage: be averse to or express disapproval of; "My wife objects to modern furniture"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of object (Dictionary)