Synonyms of observe
- 1. detect, observe, find, discover, notice, spy, sight
- usage: discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of; "She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"; "We found traces of lead in the paint"
- 2. note, observe, mention, remark, state, say, tell
- usage: make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- 3. note, take note, observe
- usage: observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction"
- 4. observe, watch
- usage: watch attentively; "Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals"
- 5. respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe, accept
- usage: show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
- 6. observe, celebrate, keep
- usage: behave as expected during of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
- 7. watch, observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on, check, check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into
- usage: follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars"
- 8. observe, keep, maintain
- usage: stick to correctly or closely; "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees"
- 9. observe, keep
- usage: conform one's action or practice to; "keep appointments"; "she never keeps her promises"; "We kept to the original conditions of the contract"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of observe (Dictionary)