Synonyms of obtuse
- 1. obtuse (vs. acute)
- usage: of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees
- 2. obtuse, simple (vs. compound), unsubdivided
- usage: (of a leaf shape) rounded at the apex
- 3. obtuse, purblind, undiscerning (vs. discerning)
- usage: lacking in insight or discernment; "too obtuse to grasp the implications of his behavior"; "a purblind oligarchy that flatly refused to see that history was condemning it to the dustbin"- Jasper Griffin
- 4. dense, dim, dull, dumb, obtuse, slow, stupid (vs. smart)
- usage: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of obtuse (Dictionary)