Synonyms of occupy
- 1. busy, occupy, work
- usage: keep busy with; "She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
- 2. occupy, reside, lodge in, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: live (in a certain place); "She resides in Princeton"; "he occupies two rooms on the top floor"
- 3. occupy, fill, be
- usage: occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
- 4. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- 5. invade, occupy, attack, assail
- usage: march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation; "Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939"
- 6. take, occupy, use up, use, expend
- usage: require (time or space); "It took three hours to get to work this morning"; "This event occupied a very short time"
- 7. absorb, engross, engage, occupy, interest
- usage: consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
- 8. fill, take, occupy, work, do work
- usage: assume, as of positions or roles; "She took the job as director of development"; "he occupies the position of manager"; "the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of occupy (Dictionary)