Synonyms of offering
- 1. offer, offering, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: something offered (as a proposal or bid); "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- 2. offering, contribution, donation
- usage: money contributed to a religious organization
- 3. offer, offering, speech act
- usage: the verbal act of offering; "a generous offer of assistance"
- 4. oblation, offering, giving, gift
- usage: the act of contributing to the funds of a church or charity; "oblations for aid to the poor"
- 1. offer, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: make available or accessible, provide or furnish; "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- 2. offer, proffer, give
- usage: present for acceptance or rejection; "She offered us all a cold drink"
- 3. volunteer, offer, act, move
- usage: agree freely; "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- 4. offer, project, propose
- usage: put forward for consideration; "He offered his opinion"
- 5. offer, extend, give, pay
- usage: offer verbally; "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
- 6. offer, market
- usage: make available for sale; "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- 7. offer, bid, tender
- usage: propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- 8. offer, produce, bring on, bring out
- usage: produce or introduce on the stage; "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- 9. offer, offer up, worship
- usage: present as an act of worship; "offer prayers to the gods"
- 10. put up, provide, offer, engage, wage
- usage: mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- 11. extend, offer, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: make available; provide; "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- 12. propose, declare oneself, offer, pop the question, request
- usage: ask (someone) to marry you; "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
- 13. offer, threaten
- usage: threaten to do something; "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of offering (Dictionary)