Synonyms of old man's beard
- 1. Spanish moss, old man's beard, black moss, long moss, Tillandsia usneoides, air plant, epiphyte, aerophyte, epiphytic plant
- usage: dense festoons of greenish-grey hairlike flexuous strands anchored to tree trunks and branches by sparse wiry roots; southeastern United States and West Indies to South America
- 2. traveler's joy, traveller's joy, old man's beard, Clematis vitalba, clematis
- usage: vigorous deciduous climber of Europe to Afghanistan and Lebanon having panicles of fragrant green-white flowers in summer and autumn
- 3. virgin's bower, old man's beard, devil's darning needle, Clematis virginiana, clematis
- usage: common climber of eastern North America that sprawls over other plants and bears numerous panicles of small creamy white flowers
All rights reserved.