Synonyms of olympian
- 1. Olympian, athlete, jock
- usage: an athlete who participates in the Olympic games
- 2. Olympian, Olympic god
- usage: a classical Greek god after the overthrow of the Titans
- 1. Olympian, Olympic
- usage: of the region of Olympia in Greece or its inhabitants; "Olympian plain"
- 2. Olympian
- usage: of or pertaining to the greater gods of ancient Greece whose abode was Mount Olympus; "Olympian deities"
- 3. majestic, olympian, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: majestic in manner or bearing; superior to mundane matters; "his majestic presence"; "olympian detachment"; "olympian beauty and serene composure"
- 4. exceeding, exceptional, olympian, prodigious, surpassing, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree; "a night of exceeding darkness"; "an exceptional memory"; "olympian efforts to save the city from bankruptcy"; "the young Mozart's prodigious talents"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of olympian (Dictionary)