Synonyms of one
- 1. one, 1, I, ace, single, unity, digit, figure
- usage: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
- 2. one, unit
- usage: a single person or thing; "he is the best one"; "this is the one I ordered"
- 1. one, 1, i, ane, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: used of a single unit or thing; not two or more; "`ane' is Scottish"
- 2. one(prenominal), unitary, united (vs. divided)
- usage: having the indivisible character of a unit; "a unitary action"; "spoke with one voice"
- 3. one(prenominal), same (vs. different)
- usage: of the same kind or quality; "two animals of one species"
- 4. one(prenominal), extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: used informally as an intensifier; "that is one fine dog"
- 5. one(prenominal), indefinite (vs. definite)
- usage: indefinite in time or position; "he will come one day"; "one place or another"
- 6. one, combined (vs. uncombined)
- usage: being a single entity made by combining separate components; "three chemicals combining into one solution"
- 7. matchless, nonpareil, one(prenominal), one and only(prenominal), peerless, unmatched, unmatchable, unrivaled, unrivalled, incomparable (vs. comparable), uncomparable
- usage: eminent beyond or above comparison; "matchless beauty"; "the team's nonpareil center fielder"; "she's one girl in a million"; "the one and only Muhammad Ali"; "a peerless scholar"; "infamy unmatched in the Western world"; "wrote with unmatchable clarity"; "unrivaled mastery of her art"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of one (Dictionary)