Synonyms of opened
- 1. open, open up
- usage: cause to open or to become open; "Mary opened the car door"
- 2. open, open up
- usage: start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning; "open a business"
- 3. open, open up, change state, turn
- usage: become open; "The door opened"
- 4. open, start, start up, embark on, commence
- usage: begin or set in action, of meetings, speeches, recitals, etc.; "He opened the meeting with a long speech"
- 5. unfold, spread, spread out, open, undo
- usage: spread out or open from a closed or folded state; "open the map"; "spread your arms"
- 6. open, open up, yield, give, afford
- usage: make available; "This opens up new possibilities"
- 7. open, open up, arise, come up
- usage: become available; "an opportunity opened up"
- 8. open
- usage: have an opening or passage or outlet; "The bedrooms open into the hall"
- 9. open, move, go
- usage: make the opening move; "Kasparov opened with a standard opening"
- 10. afford, open, give
- usage: afford access to; "the door opens to the patio"; "The French doors give onto a terrace"
- 11. open, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: display the contents of a file or start an application as on a computer
- 1. open (vs. closed), opened, agape(predicate), gaping, agaze, staring, wide-eyed, wide, yawning
- usage: used of mouth or eyes; "keep your eyes open"; "his mouth slightly opened"
- 2. opened, open (vs. closed)
- usage: made open or clear; "the newly opened road"
- 3. open, opened, unsealed (vs. sealed)
- usage: not sealed or having been unsealed; "the letter was already open"; "the opened package lay on the table"
All rights reserved.