Synonyms of operator
- 1. operator, function, mathematical function, single-valued function, map, mapping
- usage: (mathematics) a symbol or function representing a mathematical operation
- 2. operator, manipulator, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: an agent that operates some apparatus or machine; "the operator of the switchboard"
- 3. operator, businessman, man of affairs
- usage: someone who owns or operates a business; "who is the operator of this franchise?"
- 4. hustler, wheeler dealer, operator, opportunist, self-seeker
- usage: a shrewd or unscrupulous person who knows how to circumvent difficulties
- 5. operator, speculator, plunger
- usage: a speculator who trades aggressively on stock or commodity markets
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of operator (Dictionary)