WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought, belief
- usage: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "I am not of your persuasion"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
- 2. opinion, view, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof; "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
- 3. public opinion, popular opinion, opinion, vox populi, belief
- usage: a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people; "he asked for a poll of public opinion"
- 4. opinion, legal opinion, judgment, judgement, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- 5. opinion, ruling, judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- usage: the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- 6. impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion, idea, thought
- usage: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
All rights reserved.
See also: opinion (Dictionary)