Synonyms of opposition
- 1. resistance, opposition, action
- usage: the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with; "he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens"; "despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
- 2. opposition, oppositeness, relation
- usage: the relation between opposed entities
- 3. confrontation, opposition, resistance
- usage: the act of hostile groups opposing each other; "the government was not ready for a confrontation with the unions"; "the invaders encountered stiff opposition"
- 4. opposition, opponent, opposite, contestant
- usage: a contestant that you are matched against
- 5. opposition, body
- usage: a body of people united in opposing something
- 6. opposition, direction
- usage: a direction opposite to another
- 7. enemy, foe, foeman, opposition, adversary, antagonist, opponent, opposer, resister
- usage: an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force); "a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies"
- 8. Opposition, party, political party
- usage: the major political party opposed to the party in office and prepared to replace it if elected; "Her Majesty's loyal opposition"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of opposition (Dictionary)