Synonyms of ordained
- 1. ordain, enact, decree
- usage: order by virtue of superior authority; decree; "The King ordained the persecution and expulsion of the Jews"; "the legislature enacted this law in 1985"
- 2. ordain, consecrate, ordinate, order, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: appoint to a clerical posts; "he was ordained in the Church"
- 3. ordain, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: invest with ministerial or priestly authority; "The minister was ordained only last month"
- 4. ordain, decree
- usage: issue an order
- 1. appointed, decreed, ordained, prescribed, settled (vs. unsettled)
- usage: fixed or established especially by order or command; "at the time appointed (or the appointed time")
- 2. ordained, consecrated (vs. desecrated), consecrate, dedicated
- usage: invested with ministerial or priestly functions; "an ordained priest"
All rights reserved.