Synonyms of ordering
- 1. ordering, order, ordination, arrangement
- usage: logical or comprehensible arrangement of separate elements; "we shall consider these questions in the inverse order of their presentation"
- 2. order, ordering, organization, organisation
- usage: the act of putting things in a sequential arrangement; "there were mistakes in the ordering of items on the list"
- 1. order, tell, enjoin, say, request
- usage: give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed"
- 2. order, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: make a request for something; "Order me some flowers"; "order a work stoppage"
- 3. order, prescribe, dictate, inflict, bring down, visit, impose
- usage: issue commands or orders for
- 4. regulate, regularize, regularise, order, govern, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations; "We cannot regulate the way people dress"; "This town likes to regulate"
- 5. order, arrange, set up
- usage: bring order to or into; "Order these files"
- 6. order, arrange, set up
- usage: place in a certain order; "order the photos chronologically"
- 7. ordain, consecrate, ordinate, order, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: appoint to a clerical posts; "he was ordained in the Church"
- 8. arrange, set up, put, order, organize, organise
- usage: arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events; "arrange my schedule"; "set up one's life"; "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- 9. rate, rank, range, order, grade, place, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
All rights reserved.