Synonyms of ordinary
- 1. ordinary, judge, justice, jurist
- usage: a judge of a probate court
- 2. ordinary, condition
- usage: the expected or commonplace condition or situation; "not out of the ordinary"
- 3. ordinary, clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth
- usage: a clergyman appointed to prepare condemned prisoners for death
- 4. ordinary, ordinary bicycle, bicycle, bike, wheel, cycle
- usage: an early bicycle with a very large front wheel and small back wheel
- 5. ordinary, charge, bearing, heraldic bearing, armorial bearing
- usage: (heraldry) any of several conventional figures used on shields
- 1. ordinary (vs. extraordinary), average, fair, mediocre, middling, banausic, characterless, nondescript, common, commonplace, cut-and-dried, cut-and-dry, everyday, mundane, quotidian, routine, unremarkable, workaday, indifferent, so-so(predicate), run-of-the-mill, run-of-the-mine, mine run, unexceptional, common, usual
- usage: not exceptional in any way especially in quality or ability or size or degree; "ordinary everyday objects"; "ordinary decency"; "an ordinary day"; "an ordinary wine"
- 2. average, ordinary, common (vs. uncommon)
- usage: lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered; "average people"; "the ordinary (or common) man in the street"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ordinary (Dictionary)