Synonyms of organ
- 1. organ, body part
- usage: a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- 2. organ, agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority
- usage: a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function; "The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
- 3. electric organ, electronic organ, Hammond organ, organ, electronic instrument, electronic musical instrument
- usage: (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
- 4. organ, periodical
- usage: a periodical that is published by a special interest group; "the organ of the communist party"
- 5. organ, pipe organ, keyboard instrument, wind instrument, wind
- usage: wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
- 6. harmonium, organ, reed organ, free-reed instrument
- usage: a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of organ (Dictionary)