Synonyms of orient
- 1. East, Orient
- usage: the countries of Asia
- 2. eastern hemisphere, orient, hemisphere
- usage: the hemisphere that includes Eurasia and Africa and Australia
- 1. orient, point, lie
- usage: be oriented; "The weather vane points North"; "the dancers toes pointed outward"
- 2. orient, orientate, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: determine one's position with reference to another point; "We had to orient ourselves in the forest"
- 3. orient, position
- usage: cause to point; "Orient the house towards the West"
- 4. orient, familiarize, familiarise, acquaint
- usage: familiarize (someone) with new surroundings or circumstances; "The dean of students tries to orient the freshmen"
- 5. tailor, orient, adapt, accommodate
- usage: adjust to a specific need or market; "a magazine oriented towards young people"; "tailor your needs to your surroundings"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of orient (Dictionary)