Synonyms of outline
- 1. outline, lineation, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: the line that appears to bound an object
- 2. outline, synopsis, abstract, precis, summary, sum-up
- usage: a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
- 3. outline, schema, scheme, plan, program, programme
- usage: a schematic or preliminary plan
- 1. sketch, outline, adumbrate, describe, depict, draw
- usage: describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of; "sketch the outline of the book"; "outline his ideas"
- 2. draft, outline, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: draw up an outline or sketch for something; "draft a speech"
- 3. delineate, limn, outline, draw
- usage: trace the shape of
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of outline (Dictionary)