Synonyms of outstanding
- 1. outstanding, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: distinguished from others in excellence; "did outstanding work in human relations"; "an outstanding war record"
- 2. outstanding, prominent, salient, spectacular, striking, conspicuous (vs. inconspicuous)
- usage: having a quality that thrusts itself into attention; "an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child"
- 3. outstanding, owing(predicate), undischarged, unpaid (vs. paid)
- usage: owed as a debt; "outstanding bills"; "the amount still owed"; "undischarged debts"
- 4. great, outstanding, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: of major significance or importance; "a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of outstanding (Dictionary)