Synonyms of overpowering
- 1. overpower, overmaster, overwhelm, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: overcome by superior force
- 2. overwhelm, overpower, sweep over, whelm, overcome, overtake, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli
- 1. overpowering, overwhelming, irresistible (vs. resistible), resistless
- usage: so strong as to be irresistible; "an overpowering need for solitude"; "the temptation to despair may become overwhelming"; "an overwhelming majority"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of overpowering (Dictionary)