Synonyms of owing
- 1. owe
- usage: be obliged to pay or repay
- 2. owe, repose on, rest on, build on, build upon
- usage: be indebted to, in an abstract or intellectual sense; "This new theory owes much to Einstein's Relativity Theory"
- 3. owe, be
- usage: be in debt; "She owes me $200"; "I still owe for the car"; "The thesis owes much to his adviser"
- 1. outstanding, owing(predicate), undischarged, unpaid (vs. paid)
- usage: owed as a debt; "outstanding bills"; "the amount still owed"; "undischarged debts"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of owing (Dictionary)