Synonyms of pay
- 1. wage, pay, earnings, remuneration, salary, regular payment
- usage: something that remunerates; "wages were paid by check"; "he wasted his pay on drink"; "they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
- 1. pay, give
- usage: give money, usually in exchange for goods or services; "I paid four dollars for this sandwich"; "Pay the waitress, please"
- 2. give, pay, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow; "Don't pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
- 3. pay up, ante up, pay, pay
- usage: cancel or discharge a debt; "pay up, please!"
- 4. yield, pay, bear, gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in
- usage: bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
- 5. pay, pay off, make up, compensate, settle
- usage: do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- 6. give, pay, devote, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
- 7. pay, be
- usage: be worth it; "It pays to go through the trouble"
- 8. pay, make
- usage: render; "pay a visit"; "pay a call"
- 9. pay, digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up
- usage: bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action; "You'll pay for this!"; "She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly"; "You'll pay for this opinion later"
- 10. pay, requite, repay
- usage: make a compensation for; "a favor that cannot be paid back"
- 11. pay, settle
- usage: discharge or settle; "pay a debt"; "pay an obligation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pay (Dictionary)