Synonyms of pay back
- 1. payback, return, issue, take, takings, proceeds, yield, payoff
- usage: financial return or reward (especially returns equal to the initial investment)
- 2. vengeance, retribution, payback, retaliation, revenge
- usage: the act of taking revenge (harming someone in retaliation for something harmful that they have done) especially in the next life; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord"--Romans 12:19; "For vengeance I would do nothing. This nation is too great to look for mere revenge"--James Garfield; "he swore vengeance on the man who betrayed him"; "the swiftness of divine retribution"
- 1. reward, repay, pay back, act, move
- usage: act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
- 2. pay back, pay off, get, fix, get even, get back
- usage: take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
All rights reserved.