Synonyms of peaceable
- 1. peaceable, peace-loving, peaceful (vs. unpeaceful), peaceable
- usage: inclined or disposed to peace; "they met in a peaceable spirit"; "peace-loving citizens"
- 2. peaceful (vs. unpeaceful), peaceable, halcyon, irenic, nonbelligerent, pacific, peaceable, pacifist(prenominal), pacifistic, dovish, peaceable, peace-loving, amicable, nonviolent, quiet, unaggressive#1, nonaggressive
- usage: not disturbed by strife or turmoil or war; "a peaceful nation"; "peaceful times"; "a far from peaceful Christmas"; "peaceful sleep"
- 3. pacific, peaceable, peaceful (vs. unpeaceful), peaceable
- usage: disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature; "the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force"; "a quiet and peaceable person"; "in a peaceable and orderly manner"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of peaceable (Dictionary)