Synonyms of peak
- 1. extremum, peak, limit, limitation
- usage: the most extreme possible amount or value; "voltage peak"
- 2. flower, prime, peak, heyday, bloom, blossom, efflorescence, flush, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- 3. acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- 4. peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
- 5. point, tip, peak, convex shape, convexity
- usage: a V shape; "the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points"
- 6. vertex, peak, apex, acme, extreme point, extreme, extremum
- usage: the highest point (of something); "at the peak of the pyramid"
- 7. bill, peak, eyeshade, visor, vizor, brim
- usage: a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes; "he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
- 1. top out, peak, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: to reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity; "That wild, speculative spirit peaked in 1929";"Bids for the painting topped out at $50 million"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of peak (Dictionary)