Synonyms of peg
- 1. peg, nog, pin
- usage: a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- 2. peg, pin, marker, marking, mark
- usage: small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- 3. pin, peg, stick, leg
- usage: informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
- 4. peg, wooden leg, leg, pegleg, prosthesis, prosthetic device
- usage: a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- 5. peg, regulator
- usage: regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- 6. peg, pin, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock, holder
- usage: a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- 1. nail down, nail, peg, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
- 2. peg, pierce, thrust
- usage: pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
- 3. peg, peg down, attach
- usage: fasten or secure with a wooden pin; "peg a tent"
- 4. peg, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations; "The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of peg (Dictionary)