Synonyms of peremptory
- 1. autocratic, bossy, dominating, high-and-mighty, magisterial, peremptory, domineering (vs. submissive)
- usage: offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power; "an autocratic person"; "autocratic behavior"; "a bossy way of ordering others around"; "a rather aggressive and dominating character"; "managed the employees in an aloof magisterial way"; "a swaggering peremptory manner"
- 2. peremptory, imperative (vs. beseeching)
- usage: not allowing contradiction or refusal; "spoke in peremptory tones"; "peremptory commands"
- 3. peremptory, decisive (vs. indecisive)
- usage: putting an end to all debate or action; "a peremptory decree"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of peremptory (Dictionary)