Synonyms of perturbing
- 1. perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed; "She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill"
- 2. perturb, deviate
- usage: disturb or interfere with the usual path of an electron or atom; "The electrons were perturbed by the passing ion"
- 3. perturb, deviate
- usage: cause a celestial body to deviate from a theoretically regular orbital motion, especially as a result of interposed or extraordinary gravitational pull; "The orbits of these stars were perturbed by the passings of a comet"
- 4. perturb, derange, throw out of kilter, disorder, disarray
- usage: throw into great confusion or disorder; "Fundamental Islamicists threaten to perturb the social order in Algeria and Egypt"
- 1. distressing, distressful, disturbing, perturbing, troubling, worrisome, worrying, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: causing distress or worry or anxiety; "distressing (or disturbing) news"; "lived in heroic if something distressful isolation"; "a disturbing amount of crime"; "a revelation that was most perturbing"; "a new and troubling thought"; "in a particularly worrisome predicament"; "a worrying situation"; "a worrying time"
All rights reserved.