Synonyms of pin
- 1. pin, jewelry, jewellery
- usage: a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- 2. fall, pin, victory, triumph
- usage: when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- 3. peg, pin, marker, marking, mark
- usage: small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- 4. personal identification number, PIN, PIN number, number, identification number
- usage: a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
- 5. pin, peg, stick, leg
- usage: informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
- 6. pivot, pin, axis, axis of rotation
- usage: axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- 7. pin, pin tumbler, tumbler
- usage: cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- 8. pin, flag, golf equipment
- usage: flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- 9. pin, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- 10. peg, pin, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock, holder
- usage: a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- 11. bowling pin, pin, bowling equipment
- usage: a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in triangular groups of ten as the target
- 1. trap, pin, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
- 2. pin, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: attach or fasten with pins or as if with pins; "pin the needle to the shirt". "pin the blame on the innocent man"
- 3. pin, transfix, impale, empale, spike
- usage: pierce with a pin; "pin down the butterfly"
- 4. pin, attack, aggress
- usage: immobilize a piece
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pin (Dictionary)