Synonyms of plaguey
- 1. pestilent, pestilential, pestiferous, plaguey, epidemic (vs. endemic) (vs. ecdemic)
- usage: likely to spread and cause an epidemic disease; "a pestilential malignancy in the air"- Jonathan Swift; "plaguey fevers"
- 2. annoying, bothersome, galling, irritating, nettlesome, pesky, pestering, pestiferous, plaguy, plaguey, teasing, vexatious, vexing, disagreeable (vs. agreeable)
- usage: causing irritation or annoyance; "tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; "aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; "found it galling to have to ask permission"; "an irritating delay"; "nettlesome paperwork"; "a pesky mosquito"; "swarms of pestering gnats"; "a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; "a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; "a vexatious child"; "it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
- 1. plaguey, plaguy, plaguily
- usage: in a disagreeable manner; "it's so plaguey cold!"
All rights reserved.