Synonyms of pleading
- 1. pleading, statement
- usage: (law) a statement in legal and logical form stating something on behalf of a party to a legal proceeding
- 1. plead, appeal, invoke
- usage: appeal or request earnestly; "I pleaded with him to stop"
- 2. plead, apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise
- usage: offer as an excuse or plea; "She was pleading insanity"
- 3. plead, declare
- usage: enter a plea, as in courts of law; "She pleaded not guilty"
- 4. plead, allege, aver, say
- usage: make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
- 1. beseeching (vs. imperative), pleading, imploring, adjuratory, importunate, mendicant, petitionary, precatory, precative, suppliant, supplicant, supplicatory
- usage: begging
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pleading (Dictionary)