Synonyms of ply
- 1. ply, strand
- usage: one of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread; often used in combination; "three-ply cord"; "four-ply yarn"
- 2. ply, layer, bed
- usage: (usually in combinations) one of several layers of cloth or paper or wood as in plywood
- 1. provide, supply, ply, cater, give
- usage: give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance; "The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
- 2. ply, do, perform
- usage: apply oneself diligently; "Ply one's trade"
- 3. ply, run, travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: travel a route regularly; "Ships ply the waters near the coast"
- 4. ply, join, bring together
- usage: join together as by twisting, weaving, or molding; "ply fabric"
- 5. ply, wield, handle, manage
- usage: wield vigorously; "ply an axe"
- 6. ply, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: use diligently; "ply your wits!"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ply (Dictionary)