Synonyms of pot
- 1. pot, cooking utensil, cookware, vessel
- usage: metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid
- 2. toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne, plumbing fixture
- usage: a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- 3. pot, potful, containerful
- usage: the quantity contained in a pot
- 4. pot, flowerpot, container
- usage: a container in which plants are cultivated
- 5. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 6. pot, jackpot, kitty, stake, stakes, bet, wager
- usage: the cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker)
- 7. pot, potbelly, bay window, corporation, tummy, belly, paunch
- usage: slang for a paunch
- 8. potentiometer, pot, potential divider, voltage divider
- usage: a resistor with three terminals, the third being an adjustable center terminal; used to adjust voltages in radios and TV sets
- 9. pot, grass, green goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane, cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, ganja
- usage: street names for marijuana
- 1. pot, implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant
- usage: plant in a pot; "He potted the palm"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pot (Dictionary)