Synonyms of practice
- 1. practice, pattern, activity
- usage: a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
- 2. exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation, training, preparation, grooming
- usage: systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
- 3. practice, praxis, implementation, effectuation
- usage: translating an idea into action; "a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
- 4. practice, use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise
- usage: the exercise of a profession; "the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
- 5. practice, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: knowledge of how something is usually done; "it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
- 1. practice, practise, exercise, do
- usage: carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
- 2. drill, exercise, practice, practise, learn, study, read, take
- usage: learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
- 3. rehearse, practise, practice, perform, execute, do
- usage: engage in a rehearsal (of)
- 4. practice, apply, use
- usage: avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
- 5. commit, practice, prosecute, engage, pursue
- usage: engage in or perform; "practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of practice (Dictionary)