Synonyms of precipitating
- 1. precipitate, effect, effectuate, set up
- usage: bring about abruptly; "The crisis precipitated by Russia's revolution"
- 2. precipitate, change state, turn
- usage: separate as a fine suspension of solid particles
- 3. precipitate, come down, fall
- usage: fall from clouds; "rain, snow and sleet were falling"; "Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum"
- 4. precipitate, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall vertically, sharply, or headlong; "Our economy precipitated into complete ruin"
- 5. precipitate, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl or throw violently; "The bridge broke and precipitated the train into the river below"
- 1. precipitating(prenominal), causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: bringing on suddenly or abruptly; "the completion of the railroad was the precipitating cause in the extinction of waterborne commerce"
All rights reserved.