Synonyms of premise
- 1. premise, premiss, assumption, postulate, posit
- usage: a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn; "on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
- 1. premise, set forth, expound, exposit
- usage: set forth beforehand, often as an explanation; "He premised these remarks so that his readers might understand"
- 2. precede, preface, premise, introduce, state, say, tell
- usage: furnish with a preface or introduction; "She always precedes her lectures with a joke"; "He prefaced his lecture with a critical remark about the institution"
- 3. premise, premiss, presuppose, suppose
- usage: take something as preexisting and given
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of premise (Dictionary)