Synonyms of prepare
- 1. fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set, change, alter, modify
- usage: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
- 2. cook, fix, ready, make, prepare, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- 3. prepare, make, create
- usage: to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery; "prepare a report"; "prepare a speech"
- 4. organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate, initiate, pioneer
- usage: arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- 5. prepare, groom, train, educate
- usage: educate for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
- 6. train, develop, prepare, educate, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: create by training and teaching; "The old master is training world-class violinists"; "we develop the leaders for the future"
- 7. prepare, sound
- usage: lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord; "prepare the discord in bar 139"
- 8. train, prepare, learn, study, read, take
- usage: undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession; "She is training to be a teacher"; "He trained as a legal aid"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of prepare (Dictionary)