Synonyms of prescribed
- 1. order, prescribe, dictate, inflict, bring down, visit, impose
- usage: issue commands or orders for
- 1. prescribed, nonarbitrary (vs. arbitrary), unarbitrary
- usage: set down as a rule or guide
- 2. appointed, decreed, ordained, prescribed, settled (vs. unsettled)
- usage: fixed or established especially by order or command; "at the time appointed (or the appointed time")
- 3. official, prescribed, regular (vs. irregular)
- usage: conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline; "in prescribed order"
- 4. positive, prescribed, formal (vs. informal)
- usage: formally laid down or imposed; "positive laws"
All rights reserved.