Synonyms of prosperous
- 1. comfortable, easy, prosperous, well-fixed, well-heeled, well-off, well-situated, well-to-do, rich (vs. poor)
- usage: in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards"; "easy living"; "a prosperous family"; "his family is well-situated financially"; "well-to-do members of the community"
- 2. booming, flourishing, palmy, prospering, prosperous, roaring, thriving, successful (vs. unsuccessful)
- usage: very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"
- 3. golden, halcyon, prosperous, happy (vs. unhappy)
- usage: marked by peace and prosperity; "a golden era"; "the halcyon days of the clipper trade"
- 4. golden, favorable, favourable, lucky, prosperous, propitious (vs. unpropitious)
- usage: presaging or likely to bring good luck; "a favorable time to ask for a raise"; "lucky stars"; "a prosperous moment to make a decision"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of prosperous (Dictionary)